Sundays and Wednesdays tech questions
- How do I listen to the live service or replay on my computer?
- What should I do if clicking on the play arrow doesn't start the audio, or if the audio stops?
- What if I'm hearing last week's service?
- How do I listen to the live meeting on my iPad™, iPhone®, iPod Touch®, newer Android devices, or Flash?
- What if my Android device can't play the service—what do I do now?
- How do I see the hymns and other music?
- The audio stopped when I submitted my testimony. What do I do?
Wednesdays / submitting testimonies
- When can I submit a testimony?
- How do I submit a testimony?
- What are the guidelines for submitting testimonies?
- Why can’t I see the testimonies that are being read?
- Why wasn’t my testimony read during the meeting?
- How do I chat in the church lobby after the meeting?
- How do I listen by phone?
- How long is the replay available?
On the Online Wednesday meetings page, click the right-facing triangle in the gray media bar just below the “Wednesday testimony meeting” heading. You can also listen to the replay in the same spot. Please make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed on your computer. If you do not have the latest version of Flash you can download it here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. This link will let you know if you are up to date with this software or if you need to download it.
Please refresh your internet browser. If you're still unable to connect to the service, please exit out of the Internet browser and re-open christianscience.com/onair and try to connect again. You might also try to open the On Air webpage using a different Internet browser.
Please refresh your Internet browser. If you're still unable to connect to the service, please exit out of the Internet browser and re-open christianscience.com/onair and try to connect again. You might also try to open the On Air webpage using a different Internet browser.
How do I listen to the live meeting on my iPad™, iPhone®, iPod Touch®, newer Android devices, or Flash?
Click on the right arrow on the black "play" bar at the top of the webpage.
Google has confirmed that Android phones and tablets often have difficulty playing audio presentations from websites.Until Google releases a fix for these problems Android phones and tablets will require additional software to listen to audio presentations on ChristianScience.com.
Please download and install both of these recommended free applications from the Google Play store:
On they Sunday page, just scroll down the page. On the Wednesday page, look for the highlighted word "hymns" in the second sentence at the top of the page. Click on that word (or the highlighted words in this sentence) for a direct link to the “hymns and music” page. The hymns and information about the other music will appear in a new browser tab or window. If you can't see it, look to see if the window is hidden behind your main browser window.
Just click the right-facing triangle in the gray media bar just below the play box on the Online Wednesday meetings page. Submitting your testimony caused the page to refresh, so you need to click the button to start the audio again.
You're invited to submit a testimony at any time. Testimonies submitted in advance will be held until the meeting on Wednesday, and will be read live along with real time submissions. Testimonies submitted after Thursday will be held until the following week.
There is rarely a reserve of testimonies, so most everything we read comes in live. Testimonies submitted by the congregation are vital to the Wednesday online testimony meetings, so please don't hesitate to send yours in. If you miss hearing some of the readings and/or testimonies while you're typing your own testimony, you can always listen to the replay.
Find the "Testimonies and Comments" section at the bottom of the Online Wednesday meetings page. After typing in "[Name] from [location]", add a valid email address, and enter your testimony in the "Add a Comment" box. Please note that there is a 3000-character limit. Click the "Submit" button below the Comment box to send in your testimony.
Click here for the guidelines. If you can't see it, look to see if the window is hidden behind your main browser window.
The testimony meeting is a one-time audio event. You're welcome to participate by listening and by submitting your testimonies. The texts of testimonies are not posted. This allows people to focus on listening to the testimonies as they are being read live. You can also read and listen to thousands of verified healings published in The Christian Science Journal, Christian Science Sentinel, and in multiple languages in The Herald of Christian Science.
Not all testimonies submitted can be read during the meeting. If you didn't hear the testimony you submitted, it may be because of any of these important points:
- It might need further explanation for our public audience
- It could use more emphasis on complete healing
- It may not fully respect the privacy of those mentioned
- It may violate copyright law
- We may have had more testimonies than we had time to read
Go to the “Church lobby” section of the Online Wednesday meetings page and follow the instructions above the “Online church lobby” box. The chat area is only open for about 15 minutes after the service. When the chat box opens do the following:
- Provide a user name in the space provided — it's often already filled with "Guest###".
- You can sign in using the provide "Guest###" name or you can fill it in with a name of your choice.
- Click "Sign in".
- Start chatting by typing in the space at the bottom of the chat box. Press "Enter" or "Return" on your keyboard to submit your comments to the lobby chat.
To participate in the Wednesday online testimony meeting via phone, call 1-641-715-3670, access code 767519#. Feel free to listen also via your computer, iPad™, iPhone®, iPod Touch®, or newer Android devices.
The Wednesday testimony online meeting replay is available until Friday morning at 8 a.m. (Eastern Time / UTC -5:00/-4:00). Please keep in mind that the beautiful testimony meetings are intended to be held on Wednesdays. The timing of the rebroadcast allows individuals in many other countries to participate. We're grateful to be able to extend and share our regularly one hour meeting from the Boston studio with the world.
While the Wednesday Testimony meeting rebroadcast offers inspirational ideas through readings and testimonies, there are additional wonderful sources of comfort. You may enjoy studying the Bible and Science and Health on your own, as well as the weekly Christian Science Bible Lesson. Verified testimonies of healing are published each week in the Christian Science Sentinel, as well as each month in The Christian Science Journal.