Last updated: September 13, 2016
TFCCS reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. You agree that we will notify you of modifications to these Terms by posting them on this page. Changes will become effective 14 days after they are posted. You should review these Terms for any changes before using the Site.
The content on this Site, such as text, photographs, images, logos, audio, video, and software, and the compilation of such material (“Content”), is the property of TFCCS and its affiliates or its content suppliers. The Site and Content are protected by copyright law in the United States and in other countries, and may also be protected by database, privacy, trademark, and other applicable laws. All rights not expressly granted through the Terms are reserved.
TFCCS grants you a license to view Content, and in some cases print or download Content if Site functionality permits, for your personal, noncommercial use only. Please note that “personal use” does not include sharing Content, such as posting articles or images on social media, other than as permitted by these Terms and the Permissions guidelines. You may not sell, republish, redistribute, or reproduce in quantity any Content contained on this Site without the express written permission of TFCCS.
Please see the Permissions page for information on how to request permission to reuse Content from the Site. Photographs credited to a third-party supplier (such as Associated Press, Thinkstock, or Getty Images), are owned by that supplier. Please contact the supplier directly for permission to reuse their material.
The CROSS & CROWN design, "Christian Science," and other trademarks, logos and images used on the Site are property of TFCCS or its suppliers and may not be used without obtaining written permission. Please see the Cross and Crown Licensing page for information on how to request permission to use the Cross and Crown trademark. "Christian Science" is a registered and a common law trademark owned by The Christian Science Board of Directors and is used to publicly identify TFCCS as the source of "Christian Science" products and services.
If you believe the Site is infringing your copyright, TFCCS will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(2) (“DMCA”). Pursuant to the DMCA, written notification of claimed copyright infringement may or should be submitted to the following Designated Agent for the Site:
Service provider(s): The First Church of Christ, Scientist
Name of Designated Agent to receive notification of claimed infringement: Edwin R. Blomquist, Jr.
Full address of Designated Agent to which notification should be sent: 210 Massachusetts Avenue, P03-10, Boston, MA 02115-3012
Telephone number of Designated Agent: 617-450-2000
Email address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
To be effective, the notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you provide TFCCS with any questions, comments, bug reports, feedback, or proposed modifications concerning the Site ("Feedback"), TFCCS shall have the right to use such Feedback at its discretion, including, but not limited to the incorporation of such suggested changes into the Site. You hereby grant TFCCS a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive license under all rights necessary to incorporate and use your Feedback for any purpose.
If you submit statements, questions or comments to the Site, you grant TFCCS a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to reproduce, distribute, perform, display, modify, translate, and create derivative works from such statements, questions or comments, in whole or in part, in any media, now known or later developed, with or without name attribution. You also warrant that the submission does not violate the rights of any third party.
TFCCS may publish statements, questions or comments at its sole discretion. Please do not submit any comments that are commercial in nature, that violate copyrights or other rights, or are obscene, defamatory, or derogatory of others. Please see the guidelines for Submitting testimonies for the Wednesday online meeting.
You acknowledge that in using the Site, you may be sending electronic communications through our and our service providers’ computer networks, portions of which may be located in various jurisdictions in or outside the United States. Accordingly, by agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that use of the Site may result in interstate or international data transmissions.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding online conduct, acceptable content, and transmission of data in your use of the Site.
As a condition of your use of the Site, you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
- You may not share passwords for the Site.
- You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site.
- You may not obtain Content or other materials and data through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
- You agree not to modify the Site or to use modified versions of the Site.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any part of the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, or any part of them, through hacking, password mining, or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on or through the Site.
- You may not upload any executable code, scripts or other data which alters the function, display or content of the Site.
Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Site may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. This remedy is in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
You may not frame or embed pages or specific Content found on the Site, except as expressly permitted or enabled by the functionality of the Site or one of its hosting sites (such as videos hosted through YouTube). See our Permissions page and Linking pages for more information.
You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.
Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not reproduce, distribute, display, perform, sell, trade, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site or its Content.
ChristianScience.com's audio and video programming (“A/V Programs”) consists of live and archived webcasts, podcasts, and lectures that are made available by free streaming and in some cases may be offered for embedding or download.
Any rights and uses of the A/V Programs not expressly granted herein, or permitted by Site functionality, are reserved by TFCCS.
The following uses of A/V Programs are not permitted:
- Redistributing, editing or modifying the A/V Programs or links.
- Posting A/V Programs other than using the provided embedding functionality, if any.
- Incorporating advertising into or associating advertising with A/V Programs, or implying that the Site or TFCCS endorses any product, service or cause of another party.
- Inserting an intermediate page or other content between A/V Programs and any other website.
TFCCS or its suppliers retains all ownership and other rights in the A/V Programs and associated logos and trademarks. TFCCS may discontinue offering A/V Programs or require you to stop using A/V Programs at any time for any reason.
The Site may include links or references to other websites or services solely as a convenience to users (“Reference Sites”). TFCCS does not endorse Reference Sites or their information, products, or services, and your transactions with Reference Sites are solely between you and such sites.
THE SITE, ITS OPERATION, AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED BY TFCCS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TFCCS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF OR ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TFCCS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR INFORMATION EXCHANGED OR POSTED ON THE SITE, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF DEFAMATION, OR FOR ANY LOST CONTENT OR DATA.
You agree to indemnify, defend (at our election), and hold harmless TFCCS, its affiliated entities, directors, officers, trustees, employees, contractors, agents, and third-party suppliers from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses, including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees and costs, arising out of your use or misuse of the Site, any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms, any breach or alleged breach of the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third-parties by you, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you under these Terms. TFCCS reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify TFCCS, and you agree to cooperate with TFCCS’s defense of these claims.
No director, officer, trustee, employee or agent of TFCCS shall be personally liable for the performance of or failure to perform any provision of these Terms.
All disclaimers, policies, terms, conditions, and disputes will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States, without regard to their choice of law principles.
Certain software, trademarks, copyrights, content, and services found on this Site may be owned by their respective owners:
- eZ Publish
Bible passages used on the Site and marked:
- Alkitab are from The Bible, New translation, 2nd edition, © 1974, 1993 Lembaga Alkitab Indonesia (LAI).
- Bibelen are from Bibelen,1931/1948 oversættelse, © Det Danske Bibelselskab
- CKJV are from the Chinese KJV online, 中文英王欽定本.
- GT-82 are from the Bibeln, 1982 © 1981, 1982 Swedish Bible Society.
- João Ferreira de Almeida are from Biblia Sagrada, Joao Ferreira de Almeida, Revised and Updated, 2nd Edition, Brazilian Bible Society.
- KJV are translated from the Holy Bible, King James Version.
- LBLA are from La Biblia de las Américas® (LBLA), Copyright © 1986, 1995, 1997 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. www.LBLA.com.
- Luzzi are from La Sacra Bibbia, Luzzi, Versione Riveduta, © 1924, Società Biblica Britannica & Forestiera.
- NBLH are from Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana (NBLH), Copyright © 2005 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. www.NuevaBiblia.com.
- NeueLuther Bibel are from NeueLuther Bibel. © Alle Rechte bei La Buona Novella Inc. CH-8832 Wollerau firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NP are from The Bible, Nowy Przeklad version 1976, © The British and Foreign Bible Society.
- NTV are from La Santa Biblia, Nueva Traduccion Viviente, © 2010 Tyndale House Foundation.
- RVR60 are from Santa Biblia, Reina-Valera version © 1960 Sociedades Biblicas en America Latina; © renewed 1988 Sociedades Biblicas Unidas. Used with permission. Reina-Valera 1960® is a registered trademark of the American Bible Society, and can only be used under license.
- Ti Biblia 1982 are from Ti Biblia - Ilocano (c) 1982 Philippine Bible Society.
- Uusi kirkkoraamattu are from Pyhä Raamattu, 1992 (Uusi kirkkoraamattu) © Kirkon keskusrahaston
Notice from the Associated Press (AP)
The following provision applies to all visitors (which shall include persons and representatives of legal entities, whether such representatives are persons or digital engines of a kind that crawls, indexes, scrapes, copies, stores or transmits digital content). By accessing this Web site or digital service, you specifically acknowledge and agree that: (i) Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium, and shall be subject to all terms and conditions made available at the AP Terms and Conditions web page available here; (ii) No Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use; (iii) The Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing; (iv) The Associated Press is an intended third party beneficiary of these terms and conditions and it may exercise all rights and remedies available to it; and (v) The Associated Press reserves the right to audit possible unauthorized commercial use of AP materials or any portion thereof at any time.