The General Publications (GP) department is responsible for all of the products sold in Reading Rooms that aren’t Mary Baker Eddy’s writings or the periodicals. Our product suite includes Bible reference materials, biographies about Mary Baker Eddy, hymnals, music CDs, article compilations, children’s products, markers/chalk and more.
Are you interested in marketing, advertising, and business? Excited about exploring new marketing initiatives? Are you organized, a strong researcher, and good with detail and follow-through? If the answer is yes, this position offers an in-depth look at all aspects of marketing and product management and has terrific learning potential for anyone interested in gaining new skills in a dynamic department.
- Participate in product development and marketing of a wide range of products, new and current
- Help us identify new advertising and marketing initiatives for entire suite of GP products
- Seasonal promotional materials
- Ad campaigns for print and online including ad copy and input on design direction
- Collateral materials for Reading Rooms
- Receive training in analysis (creating spreadsheets, analyzing and interpreting information)
- Support the launch of the new Hymnal
- Interface and collaborate with other departments throughout the Publishing Society
- Assist with filing, organizing, proofing
Qualifications & Desired Qualities:
- Committed to Christian Science and interested in sharing its healing message through products made available through Christian Science Reading Rooms
- Earning a degree in Marketing, Business, or similar fields (or, demonstrated experience and/or interest in these fields)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and efficient self-starter
- Team player who can work independently
- Interest and/or experience in art, graphic design, and writing a plus
- Familiarity with products in Reading Rooms beneficial
To Apply: Fill out the online application and email us your resume and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due January 29th, 2018. Applicants will be notified by February 15th.
Program Dates: May 29th - August 10th (11 weeks)
Compensation: Interns will receive a living stipend of $300 per week (based on a 37.5 hour work week). They will also be housed at Northeastern University for the duration of the program. The living stipend and housing are taxable benefits. Interns who are Mother Church members and are continuing their studies after the internship program will be eligible to receive an Albert Baker Fund educational grant of $2000 after their successful completion of the program.
Questions: If you have questions about this program, please contact Chris Sheasley email@example.com, 1-617-450-3494 or 1-800-288-7090 ext. 3494 (toll free)