Community Relations Liaison
The Community Relations Liaison serves as a critical link between The Mother Church and the Boston community. She meets with key leaders in business, government, art, education, nonprofits, and religion and manages donations as well as community projects. As an intern for the Community Relations Liaison, come learn about how The Mother Church is building meaningful relationships with its local Boston community.
Gain outreach and external communication experience in the local Boston community
- Clergy / interfaith and ecumenical
- Business organizations
- Non-profit organizations
Assist with donations from The Mother Church to the local community.
- Research various organizations as needed
- Family shelters
- Homeless shelters
- Youth programs
- Food programs
Learn how to manage ongoing community projects
- PACT - Plaza Activities Community Team
- Assist in Mary Baker Eddy Library
- Assist in Reading Room on Massachusetts Ave.
- Assist in other departments if needed
Qualifications & Desired Qualities:
- Deep love and commitment to Christian Science
- Class Instruction preferred
- Comfortable in interfaith, multicultural, interracial environments
- Highly organized and motivated
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Social media skills helpful
- Foreign language a plus
To Apply: Fill out the online application and email us your resume and a cover letter at email@example.com. Applications are due January 29th, 2018. Applicants will be notified by February 15th.
Program Dates: May 29th - August 10th (11 weeks)
Compensation: Interns will receive a living stipend of $300 per week (based on a 37.5 hour work week). They will also be housed at Northeastern University for the duration of the program. The living stipend and housing are taxable benefits. Interns who are Mother Church members and are continuing their studies after the internship program will be eligible to receive an Albert Baker Fund educational grant of $2000 after their successful completion of the program.
Questions: If you have questions about this program, please contact Chris Sheasley firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-617-450-3494 or 1-800-288-7090 ext. 3494 (toll free)