Search Results for "reading rooms"
11-20 of 84 Results Found
The department of General Publications has produced a new music CD that will be of interest to individuals and Reading Rooms. Called Embraced, the CD features all seven hymns by Mary Baker Eddy alongside other favorites from the Christian Science Hymnal.
Ordering and product information for Christian Science Reading Room librarians
Get information about:
- The Reading Room wholesale shop and how to use the Wholesale shop.
- Reading Room product lists and promotional lists.
- How to place orders.
- Pricing and shipping.
- How to make returns on orders
- Information for Reading Rooms in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Japan, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- How Reading Room librarians can get in touch with someone at The Mother Church who speaks their own language (for the following languages French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish).
Christian Science Reading Rooms are unique in today’s world. They’re places where people come for quiet spiritual study and often just to pray. Where many have been healed through the deep inner communion with God that’s at the heart of Christian Science teaching.
This healing purpose, and humanity’s urgent need for it, has taken on deepened meaning and immediacy for many Christian Scientists in the wake of a tragic incident of violence in a Reading Room earlier this year. The following commentary by the Chair of the Christian Science Board of Directors expresses the spiritual commitment represented in Reading Rooms and felt by church members throughout the world.
Find shortcuts for sharing Christian Science with newcomers as well as member resources.
Guidelines for print and electronic displays in Christian Science Reading Rooms
Church members — are you wanting to find out specific information about managing your Christian Science Branch churches, Christian Science Organizations, and Christian Science societies, and other information about their activities? You've come to the right spot!
Here you can get information about:
- Reading Rooms
- Sunday School
- Prison and institutional work
- Reader workshops / Reading Aloud Workshops for Readers (First and Second readers at Branch Churches) (audio guides)
- How to engage youth in Church
- How to start an informal Christian Science group
- How to form a Christian Science society
- Church consolidation guidelines
- Tax and charitable contribution guidelines
- Hosting a lecture
- Requesting use of the Cross and Crown trademark
- Sign up for a weekly email newsletters
“What is Christian Science?” brochure
This brochure provides basic information about the theology and practice of Christian Science and the activities of The First Church of Christ, Scientist and its publications. It can be downloaded, printed, and shared with others.
Annual Meeting FAQs
The Bible is at the heart of Christian Science practice. Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, written by Mary Baker Eddy, explores the underlying spiritual law in biblical healing and reformation and how it is applicable to all human needs. Together the Bible and Science and Health are the textbooks used by branches of the Church of Christ, Scientist around the world, which affirms as one of its core tenets: “As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.”