Search Results for "reading room"
11-20 of 98 Results Found
The Christian Science Board of Directors is happy to accept applications to license use of the Cross and Crown trademark from branch churches and societies of The Mother Church, Christian Science teachers and lecturers, Christian Science college and university organizations, and Committees on Publication. The Cross and Crown is a registered trademark of the Christian Science Board of Directors and has long been used on Mary Baker Eddy’s writings and the Christian Science periodicals to indicate The Mother Church as the authentic source of these products. As the Cross and Crown trademark is expanded and more widely used through licensing, we expect the public will become increasingly aware of it as a visual identifier of genuine Christian Science services offered in local communities by The Mother Church and its branches and other associated activities.
Everyone is welcome at The Mother Church, the world headquarters of the Church of Christ, Scientist, and the Christian Science Publishing Society. Tour the church, visit the Mary Baker Eddy Library and public Reading Room, attend a Sunday or Wednesday church service, bring your children and teens to the Sunday School, and enjoy the beautiful Christian Science Plaza in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood.
Christian Science Reading Rooms are unique in today’s world. They’re places where people come for quiet spiritual study and often just to pray. Where many have been healed through the deep inner communion with God that’s at the heart of Christian Science teaching.
This healing purpose, and humanity’s urgent need for it, has taken on deepened meaning and immediacy for many Christian Scientists in the wake of a tragic incident of violence in a Reading Room earlier this year. The following commentary by the Chair of the Christian Science Board of Directors expresses the spiritual commitment represented in Reading Rooms and felt by church members throughout the world.
Guidelines for print and electronic displays in Christian Science Reading Rooms
Ordering and product information for Christian Science Reading Room librarians
Get information about:
- The Reading Room wholesale shop and how to use the Wholesale shop.
- Reading Room product lists and promotional lists.
- How to place orders.
- Pricing and shipping.
- How to make returns on orders
- Information for Reading Rooms in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Japan, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- How Reading Room librarians can get in touch with someone at The Mother Church who speaks their own language (for the following languages French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish).
The members of The First Church of Christ, Scientist, are a global family committed to practicing the compassionate, healing, transforming Christianity taught by Jesus. We hope you’ll get to know us, explore, ask questions, and find out more about our worldwide Church and its many activities.
Church members — are you wanting to find out specific information about managing your Christian Science Branch churches, Christian Science Organizations, and Christian Science societies, and other information about their activities? You've come to the right spot!
Here you can get information about:
- Reading Rooms
- Sunday School
- Prison and institutional work
- Reader workshops / Reading Aloud Workshops for Readers (First and Second readers at Branch Churches) (audio guides)
- How to engage youth in Church
- How to start an informal Christian Science group
- How to form a Christian Science society
- Church consolidation guidelines
- Tax and charitable contribution guidelines
- Hosting a lecture
- Requesting use of the Cross and Crown trademark
- Sign up for a weekly email newsletters