The Christian Science Journal advertising requirements
Christian Science nurses may take an advertisement in The Christian Science Journal. The requirements for advertising are:
- Membership in The Mother Church
- Primary class instruction with an authorized teacher of Christian Science
- A demonstrated practice of Christian Science in one’s own life, based on deep study of the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
- Thorough preparation in the skills necessary to care for patients with a wide range of Christian Science nursing needs, including care in bed, cleansing and bandaging, and special nourishment.
- Substantial practical experience in caring for a variety of patients.
- References from experienced Christian Science nurses who can attest to your Christian Science nursing work.
- Demonstrated readiness and availability to respond to calls day or night in a variety of settings such as Christian Science nursing facilities, homes, camps, and schools.
- An interview with the Christian Science Publishing Society regarding the standards for an advertiser.
Guidance for establishing a Christian Science nursing practice
Mary Baker Eddy’s writings give you the best guidance for your own prayers and study in establishing a Christian Science nursing practice. We encourage your particular consideration of the following:
- Christian Science Nurse (Manual, Art. VIII, Sect. 31)
- Confidentiality (Manual, Art. VIII, Sect. 22)
- Quick and whole healing (Manual, Art. XXX, Sect. 7)
- Alertness to Duty (Manual, Art. VIII, Sect. 6)
- Choice of patients (Manual, Art. XXVII, Sect. 4)
- Aids in sickness (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, pg. 395)
Advertising your services to the public, will require you to have
- an understanding of the prayerful and practical aspects for accepting cases
- experience in making decisions and providing care in a home environment
- a confidential means by which a patient can request your assistance
- professional charges and billing system
- confidence in communicating with family/public, etc.
Of utmost importance is your receptivity to Truth and Love and your readiness to demonstrate the whole By-Law for the Christian Science nurse. “As Christian Scientists you seek to define God to your own consciousness by feeling and applying the nature and practical possibilities of divine Love: to gain the absolute and supreme certainty that Christianity is now what Christ Jesus taught and demonstrated — health, holiness, immortality.” (Mary Baker Eddy, Message for 1901, pg.1)
If you have questions about the application please contact email@example.com.
Submitting an application
If you'd like to submit an application to advertise in The Christian Science Journal as a Christian Science nurse, please complete one of the forms below.
Step 1: Open and save form to your computer.
Step 2: Complete form and save again.
Step 3: Submit as email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org [or print it out and return by mail].