There will be events held Saturday, June 3, through Monday, June 5. You can also attend Sunday Church services and the Wednesday testimony meetings or visit The Mary Baker Eddy Library and The Mother Church Reading Room.
All events will be available via live webcast
Saturday, June 3, 2:00-3:30 P.M.
Practice that truly heals
The ever-new energy for the Christian Science movement flows from our practice of Christ-healing. In this session, members share how they began a public practice and continue in this work that is most essential to the transformation and salvation of the world.
Saturday, June 3, 7:00-8:30 P.M.
The Christian Science Monitor: uplifting the spirit of humanity
On the subject of feeling this energy, there’s a lot to talk about with The Christian Science Monitor. With a new direction and format for the Monitor, we’ll explore how vital each member is to its success. Please click here for more information and to RSVP.
Sunday, June 4, 1:30-3:00 P.M.
Christian Science Associations: a force for good
Dive deeper with us in how Christian Scientists come together as ongoing Association families that invigorate our Cause and bring healing to humanity.
Monday, June 5, 1:00-3:00 P.M.
Please join us in Boston or online for our Annual Meeting.
- Friday, June 2: Church closed for tours due to events
- Saturday, June 3: Church closed for tours due to events
- Sunday, June 4: Two tours
- 11:30 a.m. (After 10:00 a.m. church service)
- 6:15 p.m. (Just after 5:00 p.m. church service)
- Monday, June 5: No tours (There are no tours on Monday throughout the year.)
- Tuesday, June 6: 12:00 noon–4:00 p.m. (Regular schedule)
The Hospitality Center is a good place to get information, a program for the events, and a restaurant map. Hospitality is located in the Portico of the Extension of The Mother Church.
- Saturday, June 3: 12:00 noon–5:00 p.m. (except during the event), 6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. (except during the event)
- Sunday, June 4: 11:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. (except during the event)
- Monday, June 5: 12 noon–5:00 p.m.
Display tables in the Publishing House Lobby
Visit the department display tables to see what is new! They are located in the Publishing House Lobby.
Display tables hours:
- Saturday, June 3: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 5: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
We recommend you reserve your accommodations before making flight reservations. Many visitors come to Boston this weekend, and hotels fill up quickly. You can find more accommodations at reasonable prices in the surrounding communities. Here is a list of hotels and guest lodgings in the Back Bay of Boston and some in near-by areas. The Mother Church does not endorse any of these facilities. You can also contact a travel agent.
There is no service at The Mother Church for connecting visitors with members who have space in their home and welcome paying guests.
The Mother Church does not provide travel assistance—visa assistance, letters of invitation, or financial aid—for Annual Meeting or other events or summits.
The Mary Baker Eddy Library: 200 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston
Exhibits (including the Mapparium):
- Friday, June 2: 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3: 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4: 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 5: 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 6: 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Research & Reference Services:
- Friday, June 2: First and Fourth Floors: 12:00 noon–4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3: First and Fourth Floors: 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4: Closed
- Monday, June 5: First and Fourth Floors: 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 6: First and Fourth Floors: 12:00 noon–4:00 p.m.
The Mother Church Reading Room:194 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston. It is a great place to gather, to look at new materials, and to study and pray.
- Friday, June 2: 10:00 a.m–7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3: 9:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4: 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 5: 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 6: 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. (normal weekday hours return)
All the meetings will be held in English. There will be no interpretation offered during the meetings. Staff will be available after the events (June 3, 4, and 5) to provide a summary of the content in French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish. You will find more information in these languages in information sheets located at the International Table in the The Mother Church Extension Portico entrance.
Starting Thursday, June 15, a replay of Annual Meeting in French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish will be available for you to watch online. Also, The Herald of Christian Science will include a report.
You can store luggage in the coatroom during each main event listed above in this page. The coatroom will be open 30 minutes before each event starts (60 minutes before Annual Meeting on Monday). You will need to pick luggage up no later than 20 minutes after the event is over.
Please check the Annual Meeting FAQs page for information about viewing or listening to the webcasts online. You can also email your questions to AnnualMeeting@christianscience.com or call 1-800-288-7155 or +1-617-450-3481 (outside US/Canada). Our staff answers the phones Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. EDT.
On Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, June 3, 4, and 5, validated parking will be available. Just take a ticket when you enter the garage and validate it using a validation machine. One machine will be located by the escalator as you enter the church from the garage and one will be located in the Publishing House Lobby. If you don’t see them, please ask an usher or host where they are.
Please note parking will be free all day on Saturday and Sunday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday. The garage will be fully staffed to ensure attendees and visitors find parking.
The Christian Science Plaza Garage can get full on business days. If it is full, please try another local garage (see below). Carpooling and public transportation are highly recommended for Monday and Tuesday. You can find a list of rates in the Frequently Asked Questions on ChristianScience.com/AnnualMeeting or at the Hospitality Center.
- You can park at the Greenhouse Garage, 150 Huntington Avenue, as long as they have space.
- You can also park at the Prudential Center Garage which will have plenty of space. It has several entrances. You can make a purchase at a store or restaurant and get a validation from them. Be sure to ask if the store or restaurant validates as not all do. Please check the restaurant map for locations. You can get a restaurant map at the Hospitality Center.
Note: These rates are as of February 24, 2017
235 Huntington Ave.The entrance to this garage is between 235 Huntington Ave and Horticultural Hall (300 Massachusetts Ave).
- 0-1 hr $11.00
- 1-2 hrs $20.00
- 2-3 hrs $30.00
- 3-12 hrs $34.00
- 12-24 hrs $40.00
150 Huntington Ave, (617-247-0588)
- 0-1 hours $9.00
- 1-3 hours $17.00
- 3-10 hours $24.00
- 10-24 hours $29.00
Early Bird Special: Arrive between 6:00 and 9:00 a.m., depart by 7:00 p.m.|
- 0-12 hours $17.00
- 12-24 hours $29.00
800 Boylston St (There are several entrances; you can get validations at some stores and restaurants.) (617-236-3060)
- 0-1 hr $12.00
- 1-1 1/2 hrs $20.00
- 1 ½- 2 hrs $30.00
- 2 - 24 hrs $42.00
With validation Entering between 9:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- 0-4 hrs $14.00
- 4-5 hrs $20.00
- 5-24 hrs $42.00
Entering after 5:00 p.m. and departing up until 3:00 a.m.